Riding the Next Wave of PR and Social Media Trends in 2019January 18, 2019
Everything You Wanted to Know About PR and Communications Strategy for Chinese New YearJanuary 28, 2019
It was an honour for PRecious Communications to be part of Bizcom’s 23rd Investor Gathering in Jakarta to discuss the Future of Education Technology in Indonesia.
While the role of teachers, parents, and schools is irreplaceable, the demographic and topographical make-up of Indonesia makes it the perfect place for education technology to be successfully implemented and flourish. After India and China, Indonesia was the third fastest growing economy in the G20. Bizcom Indonesia believes that with a focus on providing a strong education and a high human development index, Indonesia can become the 4th strongest economy in the world.
Insights on the Future of Education Technology at Bizcom Indonesia’s 23rd Investor Gathering in Jakarta by Lars Voedisch.
To drive discussion on how technology can be used to complement quality education in Indonesia, Bizcom Indonesia invited several industry experts, business owners, startups and investors to discuss the “Future of Education Technology in Indonesia.”
Lars Voedisch, Founder and Managing Director of PRecious Communications spoke about the role of marketing in developing the edutech industry in Indonesia.
View the entire presentation in the SlideShare below.
Here are the key highlights from Lars’ presentation on the future of education technology in Indonesia
- Indonesia has more than 50 million students who need to be educated by about 3 million teachers in the public school system. When a population is as large as Indonesia’s, an important and expensive item on the academic docket is providing textbooks, both used and new. With more Indonesians embracing digital tools, it is predicted that Indonesia will be one of the World’s top buyers of mobile learning products.
- Some schools have started to allow their students to adopt bring-your-own-device and provide the internet infrastructure required for the implementation of such policies.
- Indonesia has the most dynamic startup landscape. It is predicted that other than e-commerce, edutech and healthtech will create the next unicorns in the market.
- In fact, Indonesia is one of the fastest growing country for edutech, which plays an important role in enabling the reach of high-quality education to the masses.
- Insights from PRecious’ clients in edutech which included Teamie, Cialfo and Kaltura.
Speaking alongside Lars Voedisch, were several industry experts including:
- Jimmy Gani, Founder and Chairman at Proven Force Indonesia Group spoke about the role of Indonesian universities in supporting education technology and adopting financial technology
- Amich Alhumami, Direktur Pendidikan Tinggi at Bappenas spoke about how educators are using education technology
- Dr Ir.Hj. Hetifah Sjaifudian, MPP at Wakil Ketua Komisi X DPR RI spoke about the support and budget allocation for the sustainable education technology sector
- Wisnu, CEO at Zenius Education spoke about the establishments of startups in the education technology sector
- Tasa Nugraza Barley, Co-Founder of Circledoo spoke about the roadmap of the education technology sector in Indonesia
About Bizcom Indonesia
Bizcom Indonesia was established on March 2017 in Jakarta. Bizcom Indonesia actively spreads awareness on business and technology areas. The main goal of Bizcom Indonesia is to move forward on investment, especially on agriculture field. Bizcom Indonesia also holds monthly gatherings to build their network and connect key players in business from middle-class.
Bizcom Indonesia also builds an ecosystem for businessmen and businesswomen named Business Community. The ecosystem consists of bankers, investors, business owners, start-up founders, and professionals for at least 2500 people and the number is increasing. Bizcom is focusing its growth on the middle-class community in Indonesia as the World Bank emphasises the importance of expanding middle-class community to boost economic growth and broaden prosperity.